- Larger portion of the Java community will move towards Java 5 /6, taking advantage of more of the language changes.
- Increased adoption of groovy users
- Spring framework increases in use... leaving in their dust SEAM and Guice.
- Spring MVC and Webflow becomes the new Struts (from a popularity standpoint)
- It will come down to WebFlow and JSF
- It will be interesting to see what grails does to this prediction
- Late 2008 will have a number of negative news feeds on SOA.
- This will be geared around failure of large initiatives.
- It may be 2009... depends on the economy
- Flex use increases
- MSFT will start the get the RIA facts in an effort to take over this space.
- Vista will continue to have trouble
- It will be interesting to see what MSFT does when the XP isn't available for purchase any more.
- with the OEM ending in June 2008, I expect that MSFT will extend it... after a period of pain :)
- JBoss and OSS in general will increase in use.
- The economy will be the driver for this.
Monday, February 11, 2008
2008 Technology Predictions
So after a month of reading a number of articles making there 2008 predictions, I feel compelled to share my predictions. I have the added advantage which comes to those who procrastinate... however there isn't much new over the last month.